Canaan Metal Finishing
Blasting is the most rigorous preparation that can be specified. To prepare for smooth and beautiful metal surface, Canaan ensures the surface to be completely free from all contaminants and welding spots. We chip, scap, and wire brush/ grind to remove welding spots, loose rust and mill scales by hand and power tool.
Cleaning and Surface Preparation
- Degreasing/ Caustic Cleaning: Acid degreasing bath or caustic solutions to remove the dirt, oil and grease
- Rinsing: Rinsing the area with fresh water and simply wiping with a soft cloth
- Pickling: hydrochloric or sulfuric acid to remove oxides and mill scale
- Fluxing: cleaning the steel of all oxidation developed since the pickling and creating a protective coating to prevent the steel from oxidizing before entering the galvanizing kettle
Anti-Corrosion treatment – Electrocoating
This process uses zinc anode suspended in a solution of zinc and saline. An electrical current is introduced to this setup with the zinc anode being attached to the positive side of the power source while the steel to be galvanized is attached to the negative side of the power source.
- Pretreatment: Degreasing and cleaning the part which will inhibit a lasting quality powder coated finish
- Powder Coating: Electrostatic powder coating applied to the products
- Curing: Placed into an oven and heated after powder is applied, placed to create the final film that will protect the product
Cleaning and Maintenance
Simply wiping clean with a cloth and mild detergent. The result of Canaan’s multi-step process is weather and corrosion resistant furniture that is beautiful and durable for many years of active use with minimal maintenance